CHICAGO – To highlight the importance of participating in the 2020 Census, state Rep. Elizabeth “Lisa” Hernandez, D-Cicero, and State Sen. Omar Aquino, D-Chicago are inviting residents throughout the Chicagoland area to join them and fellow members of the Latino Caucus and the Illinois Latino Caucus Foundation on Saturday, Sept. 7 at their various visits of Latino-owned businesses, which include Mi Tierra en la Villita.
The Latino Caucus is working to ensure everyone is counted in the 2020 Census, so that communities receive their share of funds for local schools, roads, and other critical services that lift up working families. Latino Caucus members are hosting a series of stops across the Chicagoland area as part of their 2020 Census Tour. They are inviting local residents to join them and fellow Latino legislators at either of the Latino owned businesses below to have any concerns they may have addressed such as understanding that the Census will not include a question about someone’s citizenship and that participating in it will not put a family at risk.
- State Rep. Elizabeth “Lisa” Hernandez
- State Sen. Omar Aquino,
- Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus members
- Illinois Latino Caucus Foundation members
- 2020 Census Tour
- Saturday, Sept. 7
- El Tarasco Restaurant, located at 4358 W. 51st St. in Chicago at 8 a.m.
- Nellie’s Restaurant, located at 2458 W. Division St. in Chicago at 10 a.m.
- La Quinta De Los Reyes, located at 36 E. New York St. in Aurora at noon
- Jorge’s Paletas, located at 110 S. Neltnor Blvd. in West Chicago at 1:30 p.m.
- Dulce Vida, located at 2003 Irving Park Rd. in Hanover Park at 3:30 p.m.
- Mi Tierra en la Villita, located at 2528 S Kedzie Ave. in Chicago at 6 p.m.